I do love a drink, a bevvy, a tipple or a slug - don't get me wrong, but I'm just slightly over it at the moment.
In fact I'm thinking about not drinking for a while. I know I've said this before but I'm feeling a little bit more serious this time.
I've been socialising my socks off for the past little while, and it's been a blast. But now I'm feeling like perhaps a period of abstinence might be a good idea.
The festive season has been particularly festive for me, so many parties, so much fun to be had - it feels like I'm reliving my teenage years - despite the fact I grew up so fast.
But I'm feeling like some things in my life need to change, new directions need to be taken, and new goals set.
I'm not a big fan of making New Year's resolutions, I would rather make life choices if and when they seem appropriate. I think a lot of people set themselves up for failure by making grand decisions based on the days on a calendar.
But I guess the fact the dawn of a new year is upon us often prompts us to reassess our lives, and to identify ways in which they could be improved.
I know I've raved on before about how things in my personal life are far from satisfactory, and I'm hoping that come the New Year decisions will be made to bring some of these issues to an end.
I'm also hoping that 2011 will bring with it an improvement in my love life. While I am enjoying time with my precious A and even just my own company, it would be nice to spend time with a good man who worships the ground I walk on (am I hoping for too much???).
Everyone keeps telling me that this will come to me, but I'm yet to be convinced. It seems so difficult to meet decent, age-appropriate men in this fishbowl in which I live.
But I shouldn't complain because my life is pretty freaking awesome, filled with loved and loving family and cherished friends whose support I appreciate.
So here are Diet Coke cheers to a new year - with much health and happiness to all in my life.
Mwah, Ellie xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment