I've just had the most therapeutic conversation with a friend.
I've been bottling up some concerns for weeks now, mulling it over, rolling it round and round inside my brain.
It took me this long to sit and write a letter to my friend, telling them my concerns and my feelings, really putting the spotlight on how our relationship was being reflected.
Ridiculous really, writing is my second nature. I do it for a living - and words are generally my friends.
But for some reason I felt I couldn't bring this topic up - and now I realise how silly it was.
I'm a big fan of being honest, as touched on by me in previous blogs, but I had to suck it up and sit down and write - and once I did it all came gushing out.
And I can't even begin to tell you how much better I feel.
I'm sure you all know just how much you can build things up in your mind, make mountains out of molehills, and just construe things in a manner in which they weren't intended.
And so I sat, and wrote, and wrote, and wrote. Tears fell as I typed, but all the while I did feel like a weight had been lifted from my shoulders.
I was honest, brutally in fact.
And then a conversation eventuated in response - and all was good.
Our friendship will be all the better for this conversation, I'm so glad I grew some balls to do it.
I highly recommend taking the opportunity to clear the air whenever anything arises. Life is way too short to dwell. If something is bothering or upsetting you, fix it - you could get hit by a bus tomorrow.
What do they say? Carpe Diem - seize the day. Never a truer word has been spoken.
Much love, Mwah Ellie xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment