I'm a big fan of being honest. Take me or leave me - but I'll never lie to your face.
I don't have it in me. I would rather tell the truth and be seen as brutal than be known as someone whose word can't be trusted.
And I expect the same in return, if you can't be honest with me then I would rather you are not in my life - I have no time for cheats nor liars, as can be seen from my past.
I've blogged before about how as I have grown up (perhaps older rather than up!!!) and experienced my fair share of heartbreak that my once unshakeable natural tendency to trust has slowly been eroded, eaten away by aforementioned cheats and liars.
And while I still try to take people at face value there is always a little question mark above a new acquaintance's head, until I ascertain their intentions and decipher their personality.
This isn't difficult for me to do though as I'm a naturally inquisitive person, 17 years as a journo will do that to someone!!!
But of late there have been times when I'm unsure if I've been lied to, or if someone has simply failed to mention the truth. It's not a bold-faced lie, rather an avoidance of the issue. But does this make it a lie?
I think I need to continue to allow this issue to roll around in my head a little more til I can come to a considered conclusion.
Stay posted and I will let you know.
Til then, Merry Christmas
Mwah Ellie xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment