It's been a week of recovery after last weekend's rather large-ish efforts.
It seemed such a good idea to blow off some steam, and it was a lot of fun in the process. I met so many people, and collected a heap of funny stories along the way.
Like pinching a wig off a biker, helping a self-proclaimed 'rockstar drummer' to meet some girls, dancing up a storm, developing a taste for Cointreau, meeting up with some of the Barkeroos boys, and generally running amok.
Meh, all in a night's socialising I guess.
I'm not really into going out anymore. It makes me feel old as I watch all the teenagers cavort around me, drinking themselves into a stupor and behaving like fools. And I figure it's highly unlikely that I'm going to meet a like-minded soul at a place where the aforementioned behaviour is the norm.
But I figured if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. And join 'em I did.
So it was with absolute astonishment that I met a nice bloke who called me the next day and asked me for lunch. It's nice to know that there are still some really kind and interesting people in the world.
We have both found ourselves in similar situations, dealing with similar messes caused by others, so it was super to find a friend with whom to chat.
I have learned the importance of friends in recent years, and so figure that I can never have too many genuine, loving people in my life.
Given the huge amount of relaxation my weekend involved, I also unfortunately ended up ill, and have spent the past week nursing a nasty cold-type bug.
I am on the mend, but am still feeling rather average, so instead of a weekend out and about, I'm planning a quiet couple of days at home, hopefully to recharge these old batteries!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment