Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Life is good

It's been a few days since I've posted cos life has been uber busy, but grand all the same.

I've had a holiday with friends, spent some time hanging out with cool people who love me for me and accept me as I am.

I've spent plenty of time with A, and I'm in the midst of planning a fun-guaranteed roadtrip with more super cool folks whom I adore.

Work is great, family is awesome, and friends are supportive = enjoyable times for all.

I'm smiling more, I'm living life, and I'm appreciating all that goes before me.

I find myself sitting quietly to admire the birds in the garden, just content in my own company. It really is a soul-enriching thing to do.

I've learned not to beat myself up over things which, despite being outside my control, go wrong. I am not responsible for other people's actions or decisions, and I can't change how they feel.

And again that is ok with me, I'm living, loving and enjoying MY life.

On another topic - but still related to my happiness, my 'necessities only' January didn't go entirely to plan, I blame new season boots for this - I'm hopeless when faced with leather loveliness in the latest styles - but believe me I will get much joy from them.

I'm also trying to make the most of every moment I spend with A. We are doing fun things like baking, craft and generally just making things. I think she is teaching me as much as I am teaching her, and I'm loving it.

I've been reminded lately how quickly time passes, and how fast things can change, so I'm even more determined to savour life's wonders, no matter how small.

Even as I type this I'm smiling just thinking about the little things I have enjoyed today, and just basking in their loveliness.

As I've told friends, it's onwards and upwards from here. I hope you will all join me in my quest for ongoing happiness.

Mwah, Ellie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment