I feel on top of the world today. And although I'm happy to run with this feeling, I'm kinda wondering why.
With that in mind, I just thought I'd assess the week.
My week has been ever so slightly manic. Work is flat out, which I love, it's always nice to be busy. I've picked up some freelancing as well, which I'm really enjoying too, and I've spent some lovely time with lovely people.
So today is a day of smiles, after last night's evening of reminiscing at the Leukaemia Foundation's Light the Night walk. It was the first time I've been able to just be part of the crowd at the event, as the first year I was in Adelaide, up on stage, as the South Australian Gold Balloon Ambassador, which was an absolute honour, but also completely nervewracking. I remember dissolving into tears as MC Amanda Blair 'interviewed' me. And then last year I was the Mt Gambier Gold Balloon Ambassador, and again finished in tears on stage while being interviewed, and just sobbed away while speaking about my gorgeous sister Bianca.
Last night showed the value of true friends. While I silently raised my gold balloon during a minute of silence, one of my precious friends just gently put her arm round my shoulders, which gave me a stoic kind of resolve. It's moments like that which stay with you - probably forever.
It really was a beautiful event, and it's heartening to see the community rally for such a worthwhile cause. But it's over for another year now, and it seems appropriate that I again concentrate on making the most of my life.
So perhaps that is part of the reason I'm smiling today. The sun is shining, I've had a lovely, quiet morning, and I'm looking forward to watching the Grand Final.
My bestie is at the game with his dad, so I'm experiencing it vicariously, loving the photographic updates I'm receiving, and just soaking up their joy long distance.
The icing on the cake would be if the Pies claim the cup - something that seems apt in this scenario.
My day will be finished with a gathering of friends, promising lots of laughs (and I'm sure a few drinks). All in all I'm looking forward to a happy kinda day.
With that in mind, I will sign off, sending you smiles and sunshine, and hoping that this feeling of bliss will continue. I really do hope the sun is shining in your lives as well.
Mwah, Ellie xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment