Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Is that a turning point in sight???

Today, despite being a rather shitty kinda day, offered a tiny ray of hope that things may be turning around.
It's still a day to day struggle, still feeling like I'm drowning in a sea of negativity around me, but I feel like it's not overwhelming me today.
A quiet moment of reflection while savouring a tiny burst of sunshine allowed me to appreciate that I actually do have quite a good life - it just needs a few things to settle for the 'badness' to clear.
I do love living in Mt Gambier, surrounded by family and friends. It's a great place to bring up a child, with such lush landscapes and friendly faces.
And as much as I want to 'pack up and piss off' to escape my troubles, I feel assured that once my life is 'sorted' I will be able to again live happily 'down south'.
And instead of looking to the future, as many do, and thinking 'what if???', I'm thinking about what needs to be done today, in order for tomorrow to be zen.
I'm still not really feeling the love, but I'm trying to put that to the back of my mind, with the idea that it will come to me when it's ready.
Instead I am concentrating on those whom I love, and ensuring I take every opportunity to let them know it. I'm hugging my daughter more, enjoying her company, and just allowing day to day life to just wash over me.
I heard another sad story today about a local family and it reaffirmed to me that life really is precious. We mustn't dwell on the doom and gloom, recognising rather that life is a never-ending opportunity - and it is up to us to grab it with both hands and make the most of it.
Enjoy living - life is too short.
Mwah Exxx

No comments:

Post a Comment