Monday, September 27, 2010

The penny has dropped ...

To quote a friend of mine, I've had an epiphany.

All of a sudden it's hit me - I know what has been causing me so much trouble.

In fact it is downright obvious - it's men!!!

Now, just to clarify, I'm not about to go to 'ladytown' if you know what I mean, although I could use a good wife to look after me.

No, after a sleepless night spent assessing and evaluating my life, it seems most of my problems stem from the male of the species.

Now, I'm not going to profess to being a perfect chick, I know that I'm far from it. However, it seems of late my problems have been centred around the men in my life.

So, in order to change this scenario, I think I either need to do one of two things:

A) Stay away from men. Stop thinking about them, stop wanting to spend time with them, stop thinking about sleeping with them, etc etc etc, I'm sure you get my drift;

or

B) Change the type of men I associate with. I don't really think I have a type though, although looking back they are tall, good looking, with dark hair and fairly sporty. Hmmm, maybe I do indeed have a 'type'.

I don't know what I've been doing wrong, but there is obviously something out of kilter.

Twice I thought I had met "Mr Right", but it turns out they were actually "Mr Right Now", so now I'm seriously thinking about giving up the search until my judgement improves, cos there is no way I'm going through any of this heartache again.

I'm not sure how I'm going to cope with this loneliness, but fortunately most of my male needs are met by my male bestie (and we've touched on this before, as part of our extremely loving yet platonic relationship). So obviously the main thing will be the lack of a sex life (blush), meh, if I'm gonna write this blog I'm gonna be honest!!!

I actually feel quite good about this decision, just to take some time for me and my child, to concentrate on enjoying each day and dealing with what it brings.

I've said it before, I really am concentrating on what needs to be done today to make tomorrow zen (I've had a suggestion that this saying needs to be printed on a t-shirt, at the very least I'm considering having it tattooed on me somewhere!!!).

But don't let that stop you from recommending any available hot, tall, dark haired sporty men - they might not be my "Mr Right", but they might be "Mr Right For Some Fun".

Keep smiling.

Mwah Ellie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment