Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Hell yeah - I'm back!!!

Well folks, I've finally found the time, and quite honestly, the need, to get back to blogging. It's been quite some time since I've sat and written about the randomness of my life, and I must admit that I've missed it.

I guess I've been indulging in some serious self-censorship given recent events in my life. Since meeting my gorgeous partner and becoming an unofficial step-mum to his two daughters, I've questioned whether it's appropriate for me to blog, as I don't wish to lay bare my soul only to have inappropriate eyes wander over my thoughts.

However, I've realised how cathartic blogging is for me. The indulgent (word of this post!!!) way to get my thoughts together and see them on a page, which in turn helps me to make sense of this mad world in which we live.

Overall life is pretty grand ATM, filled with sunshine, smiles and sweet little kittens.

My precious A is growing into quite the little lady, never failing to amaze and astound me with her blossoming knowledge. Not a day goes by where I don't marvel at her cleverness and pinch myself that this little, gorgeous creature actually came from me.

I must admit that almost three years since we took on the world together, we are doing better than ever.

The past 14 months have been spent with a lovely man who has given me strength to chase my dreams, whether they be as simple as putting up a new fence, or furthering my photography passion.

With him came two darling step-daughters whom I love like they are my own. While I would never try to take the place of their mother (as I would hate to have that done to me), I feel a strong sense of responsibility and an undeniable love for them, and now can't imagine life without them in it.

I'm loving the real sense of family, the merging of two little families to make a whole, and that warm fuzzy feeling which comes with all of that.

I think it's been good for A to learn to share, but more importantly to learn that there are others in life whom she can look to for advice and guidance, in a sisterly way.

I feel like I have so much to say tonight, however I think I will again indulge in a little self editing, and save some suitable thoughts up for future blog posts.

I hope once again you've enjoyed reading my ramblings, and that you can take something away from this that may help in your own lives.

Over and out for tonight.

Mwah, Ellie xxx

1 comment: