I'm feeling very frustrated tonight.
I truly hate being a single mother. I hate the thought that somehow I've damaged my child through no fault of my own.
It was A's daddy's birthday today, and so I thought I was doing the right thing by making sure she got to see him to celebrate his special day. But apparently that wasn't enough. He then needed to get in touch with me at work so he could pick her up two hours earlier than agreed. I made it happen though, as I would like to think the same would be done in reverse.
He then wanted to keep her later than the agreed time, meaning A would be late to bed tonight - again I agreed given it was his birthday, but with the request that she not be filled to the brim with sugar, which would make it difficult for me to get her to bed.
However, when A got home she was filled with comments from her paternal grandmother about her having too much sugar. Disappointing to say the least.
And then, to make matters worse, I asked to meet A's daddy's new girlfriend, who has been spending quite a bit of time with A.
I was met with hostility - to say the least!!! I feel so hurt and angry that such a seemingly reasonable request was met with scorn and belittlement. I really can't believe it.
I think it seems completely reasonable that I meet the woman who is attempting to 'co-parent' my daughter. I bear her no grudges, in fact I am grateful that my daughter thinks so highly of her, it means she cares for A.
I would genuinely like to meet her, to know her, to get along - in my head it makes perfect sense.
I want A to have a sense of family, to see that families CAN get along - no matter what their composition.
And I will make it happen - for my child's sake, if nothing else.
Mwah, Ellie xxx
That's tough stuff. I have not been in this position, nor do I want to be, and I commend you for putting your child first. Some times though all you need to do is let it all out to get the weight off and start pushing on. Good luck!
ReplyDelete